April this year has so many good reads publishing. I’m seriously floored by all the wonderful books entering the world, so I had to share the ones I’m most excited about.
The whole month has some of my most highly anticipated reads of the year. This is going to be such a good month for reading, collecting books, and just staring at their spines while I try to read everything else. What are you most excited about this month?
Books Publishing April 2
Most of the books I’m excited about are publishing today and I couldn’t be more happy about it. I’ll actually be going to Steven Rowley’s book signing tonight for The Editor. I’m excited to try out The Devouring Gray. It’s supposed to be the hot new fantasy series. Wicked Saints is also high up there as most anticipated for me.
- Wicked Saints by Emily A Duncan
- The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves
- Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
- Stay Up with Hugo Best by Erin Somers
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
- Lost and Wanted by Nell Freudenberger
- I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott
- Sabrina and Corina: Stories by Kali Fajardo-Anstine
- The Editor by Steven Rowley
Books Publishing April 9
I’m currently reading How to Make Friends With the Dark and I have to admit, it’s a really good and really sad story. If you’re in the mood for something that will teach you some life (and death) lessons, try that one out for size. After you do, read Meet Cute and The Peacock Emporium to wash out that sadness. It’s a good week to be publishing books and you can definitely get in the mood with these.
- Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
- Trust Exercises by Susan Choi
- Descendants of the Crane by Joan He
- The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes
- When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton
- How to Make Friends With the Dark by Kathleen Glasgow
Books Publishing April 16
In my public book person’s mind, I should be lighting up for Miracle Creek and I really am excited about that book. I’m also super excited about Normal People. But my private book person’s mind, I’m most excited about EL James writing something aside from Christian Grey.
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- The Mister by EL James
- Roar by Cecelia Ahern
- Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
- City of Flickering Lights by Juliette Fay