October arrives with a lot going on. And I mean A LOT! I wanted to hold off a bit on sharing my TBR for the month because I had so many other announcements and content to share! But now that the dust has settled, let’s get into the books I’ll be reading all through October.
There’s a few different things I kept in mind while putting together my TBR this month. I think the first and foremost is that it’s October which means Halloween is at the end of the month. I’m not a huge celebrator of the holiday, but I do like to do a few things here and there just to set myself in the mood for the season.
Next, I also wanted to read some books by Latinx authors for Latinx Heritage Month. There were a couple of sci-fi and fantasy books that I recently picked up that I thought would be a great way to celebrate some great books and add more of my favorite genres to the mix.
I also launched my book club via Patreon! We’ve already picked our first book and I’ll need to read that one for the discussion at the end of the month. If you want to check out the book club, you can check them out here.
Finally, my #FallForFantasy challenge. I’m reading five of the books from my 15-book list this month, so there’s also making room for that in here. As I mentioned before, most of these are backlist titles that I’ve been wanting to read for years. It’s finally time to de-stash my unread books and get up to speed with what other folks really loved.
Ok, before I share my hopefuls, I need to emphasize that this is a mega list. There’s probably more books than I can manage in a month and this doesn’t include the audiobooks I borrowed from the library and I’m patiently waiting for. However, audiobooks have really been helping me with my reading life lately, so I added a bunch of audiobooks. I also tend to read more on an audiobook. It’s not necessarily faster, but being able to keep the book going while I do stuff around the house or knit has really changed my reading life.
Here’s What I’ll Be Reading
- Last Tang Standing by Lauren Ho
- Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters – Already read for the month
- Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford
- Ring Shout by P Djeli Clark
- When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
- The Midnight Bargain by CL Polk
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko
- Skyhunter by Marie Lu – Already read for the month
- Chilling Effect by Valerie Valdes
- Lobizona by Romina Garber
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
- Vampires Never Get Old ed by Stephanie C Parker and Zoraida Cordova