Ok, so here’s the deal; I’m taking a six-week paid sabbatical from work and it starts TODAY.
I work for a pretty awesome company that allows their long-standing employees to take a six-week paid vacation after five years of service. Well, I’ve been there for seven years so here’s my reward.
You must be wondering what I’ll be doing during that time. Well, guess what. I’m going to read. I’ve got a TBR the size of Mount Everest and I want to cut it down by half by the end of my sabbatical. It’s really ambitious, for sure, but when you’re adult and all your responsibilities are taken away from you and there’s tons of time to do nothing, then you get ambitious.
I’m super excited to start and I’ve already put together a list of some of the books I’ll be reading. Here’s my official/unofficial list. Please note that these are in no particular order:
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller
- Swear on this Life by Renee Carlino
- The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Rich and Pretty by Rumaan Alam
- The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- The Allure series by RS Grey
Ok, you know that I’m going to try and stick to this list as best as possible, but there may be times I will journey off the list to read, say, the Throne of Glass series? Or finish all of The Raven Boys? There’s a lot of variables.
So, is there some truth in this list? Maybe. But I would still take it with a grain of salt.