Being a book blogger and reviewer is tough. There’s tons of books you want to read and then there’s tons of books you have to read. How do you balance the two? I’m still trying to figure that out.
With all this talk of resolutions, I forgot to post what I’ll be reading this month. I’ve basically themed this month as “get your act together” month. This means reading those ARCs that have been sitting on my desk for months and clearing out some books before they’re released. That’s mostly what was going through my mind when I was deciding what books I wanted to read.
For the first half of the year, I think I’m going to be doing a mix of books I want to read and books I need to read. Not everything is about work, but sometimes it can be so throwing in a few books that engage me will help break up the stuff that needs a review. Here’s a breakdown of all the books I will be reading in January!
- The Philosopher’s Flight by Tom Miller
- Neon in Daylight by Hermione Hoby
- The Girl in the Flammable Skirt by Aimee Bender
- Haikantwithyou by Nicole Best (poetry)
- Text Me When You Get Home by Kayleen Schaefer
- The Other Side of Everything by Lauren Doyle Owens
- Christmas in London by Anita Hughes
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- The Little Book of Hygge By Meik Wiking
- The City of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Catalina by Liska Jacobs
- Indecent by Corinne Sullivan
This might look like a formidable list of books, but I’ve got a lot of time to read now with my new job and will definitely taking advantage of it. I know that my “need-to-read” books will take precedent over my “want-to-read” books, so fingers crossed for me that I get to read everything I wanted.
What does your TBR look like this month?